Sunday 20 May 2012

They don't make 'em like they used to!

I am currently watching Happy Feet on TV, don't get me wrong I am enjoying it with all the happiness. BUT, they just don't make Disney films like they used to.

I am well aware that this makes me sound like a right old fogey, but I feel sorry for the children of today being forced to watch the up-to-date Disney films with no meaning behind them. When there are absolute classics, such as; The Lion King, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Jungle Book, The Fox and the Hounds, Aristocats and so many others that made my childhood worth living. 

Don't get me wrong some of the new ones are good watching, like I am perfectly enjoying Happy Feet. But it's just not the same. They don't have memorable songs, or characters. For example I can immediately sing you pretty much every song from the oldies, yet, there have been so many un-memorable songs on this film so far, I don't find myself wanting to sing them!

I mean, Toy Story 3 is amazing, but that is just taking an old idea and putting it in the present day and movies like Enchanted and Despicable me are still good. But, it's almost as if Disney have lost their touch and don't know how to make the classics any more. 

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh. It's probably just the circle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment